Competition open from the time of the O2 hub in St Helens being open (8th October 2015) to the closing date (11th December 2015)
Everyone who has attended (or already attended) a scheduled workshop in the O2 hub in St Helens will be entered into a prize draw to win one of 5 iPads. The winners will be selected at random. Entrants must have attended a workshop (can’t just register to attend) and will be based on one entry per person regardless of how many workshops the individual has attended.
Win an iPad (one of five iPads available)
1. By entering the Competition you are accepting these terms and conditions.
2. The Competition is open to Participants of the Digital Communities seminars only, excluding employees and their immediate families of O2, its subsidiary companies, their agents and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
3. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion but in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
4. The Competition promotional period only covers workshops attended between 08.10.2015 00:01h and 11.12.2015 23:59h.
5. There are 5 prizes to be won.
6. Every contact who attends a seminar during the promotional period will act as an entry into the draw. 5 winners will then be drawn at random from a list of all cleansed activations during the promotional dates.
7. The winners will be selected on 14.12.2015 at random and under independent supervision. The winners will be notified (by phone) within 2 weeks of the selection date. If any winners do not claim their prizes within 28 days, or are unable to be contacted within the allocated time, the prizes shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and supplementary runners-up will be selected at the Promoter’s discretion under the same conditions.
8. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
9. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) of similar value become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. None of the prizes are transferable.
10. The prizes will be fulfilled within 14 days of the winners being notified (Royal Mail Recorded Signed For™ Delivery) to the address provided upon prize notification. The cheques will be made out to the name indicated at the entry point/on the account.
11. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
12. In relation to the Competition, O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. In the event of fraud, abuse and/or error affecting the proper operation of this promotion, or where circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable, O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
14. If it becomes apparent that a Participant has attempted to enter fraudulently, the Participant’s entry will be disqualified; any reward awarded will be void and the Participant will be suspended and/or removed from the programme with immediate effect and without notice.
15. O2 shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil this offer where such failure is caused by any supervening circumstances amounting to force majeure. Such circumstances shall include, but shall not be limited to, postal strikes, terrorist attacks, website malfunction, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, economic crisis or network malfunction.
16. In circumstances outside of their control, the Promoter may substitute the prize with an alternative of equal or greater value.
17. Sometimes, through reasons outside of O2’s control, the websites that facilitate this promotion (as with any website) may not be accessible. O2 cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the websites. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted. O2 will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
18. O2 may at its absolute discretion disqualify any entries which O2 reasonably feels do not comply with these terms and conditions, or where any form of bad faith or abuse is suspected or where the spirit of the promotion has been compromised. The promoter reserves the right to verify any entries before making an award at their discretion.
19. Claimants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this promotion. For the purpose of administering the reward, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding applications with service providers.
20. Winners will be required to take part in publicity with no recompense.
21. The winners’ name and counties will be available by writing to the following address: O2 Star Trader, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX, enclosing a self-addressed envelope, for a period of 3 months following the promotional closing date.
22. If necessary, Participants should seek permission from their employer before entering into this promotion. Any tax liability as a result of entry is the Participant’s own.
23. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
24. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
25. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to Participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
25. The promoter of this promotion is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).